Friday, November 26, 2010

Weird!

I rarely read my horoscope, mainly because I don't believe in them. I think they are written by people - some may be well-intentioned - to be so general in subject that some part of the horoscope for the day could fit just about anyone's day.

However, on occasion, while I am working the crossword puzzle, I will let my eyes glance to the right a little and read my horoscope for the day.

I only remember one thing mine said for today: I should be careful because money could slip through my fingers. Hmmm, no money, no plans to shop. I should be safe on that one.

On a whim, I stopped at the Westfield SunMart and bought some food. I was chatting with the clerk and took out a dollar bill to pay for my purchase when it was my turn. The customer ahead of me and the clerk and I were talking about a recent fire in North Platte, when the customer told me "you dropped your money."

I looked on the floor and couldn't see my dollar bill, but then looked behind me and it had fluttered a foot or so back of me. As I bent down to pick it up, I had to chuckle. I guess this was one time the horoscope did get it right.

As I chuckled, I explained to the clerk about my horoscope.

"Well, now that I've let money slip through my fingers, I guess I don't have to worry about it for the rest of the day," I told her smugly.

I got out coins to finish paying for my purchase.

I reached out to hand her the 60 cents - two quarters and a dime. A quarter slipped from my hand and landed on the counter.

I'm glad to report I've had no further incidents with money slipping through my fingers. Of course, I haven't bought anything else either.

No comments:

Post a Comment