Thursday, January 14, 2010

Courage Award??

Michael Vick - the football player convicted of dog fighting (and much, much worse it turns out) - is named to receive a "courage award." Just when I think something is the most outrageous I've ever heard or read, something else comes along to take the vote of top stupidity and insult.

I receive daily e-mails from Care2 Causes, which covers a variety of topics. I don't always open the e-mails because some of them are just too difficult for me to read. Call it the head-in-the-sand syndrome or whatever you want, but I just can't handle the cruelty which people inflict upon other people and/or animals.

When I saw today's edition of Care2 Causes, which mentioned the award Vick is to receive, I was drawn to read the newsletter. Rather than reprint any of it here, I am posting the link. I suggest you read the article on Vick, which outlines more horrifying details of the abuse the dogs suffered at Vick's hands, literally, and about this award.

http://www.care2.com/causes/animal-welfare/blog/the-courage-award-goes-to-michael-vick/

The article "Justice for Buddy," a German shepherd that was dragged to death behind a pickup in Grand Junction, Colo., just two weeks ago, provides a petition to bring the person who killed Buddy to justice. You can also find "Justice for Buddy" on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=266340154528

Sorry to be such a "downer" this morning, but this is what faced me at the top of my e-mails. We can bring about change only by being aware and involved. If you are led to write letters or e-mails on any of the items listed, good for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment