Friday, June 18, 2010

USS Nebraska cake




Thanks to Kris Fisher, wife of Mike Fisher, captain of the USS Nebraska, you can see the crew's decorated cake.

Kris also sent the following note:

"My husband, Mike Fisher, is the captain of the USS Nebraska. After you took their photo at the memorial yesterday you mentioned you'd post their sighting in your blog, so I looked you up from that.


We are indeed having a wonderful time in North Platte. We had lunch today (Friday) at the Eagles and were thrilled to see that not only did their slapdash cake win second place (Greenhorn division) but I believe it fetched the highest bid!


My family is staying with the lovely Orville Kaschke family, and he shared with us a book about the North Platte Canteen. It appears that unconditional and enthusiastic support of the military is born and bred into the people of North Platte, and as a Navy spouse, I am touched and grateful.


Warmly,
Kris Fisher"


Congratulations to the crew! You did a great job, especially when you consider you didn't know what you would be doing until you walked into the event.


Thanks also to Kris Fisher for sending the photo. I did not have time to get a photo before I had to be at work and I'm so glad she sent this so I could share it with you.


I just have one question with two parts.


Thursday was a hot, humid day. The crew worked with colorful frosting. I would have had frosting all over me just walking through the display looking at the cakes.


How do you keep those white uniforms looking so white with sharp creases no matter what the weather and task?

No comments:

Post a Comment